We read books and then we look at a filmed version of the story. Sometimes we read and look alternately, in shorter sections. So we did with Around the World in 80 days.
Sometimes we see parts of several movie versions, i.e. the story of Robin Hood we enjoyed in three versions – as drama, as comedy and as a cartoon. We also read several different texts in English about Robin.
Something similar would be useful to do with The Jungle Book:
In school we have shortened editions in English of Kipling’s book, students in Bollnäs recently made a musical on the story and most students have seen Disney’s classic version.
- LITERATURE & STORYTELLING/LITTERATUR & DRAMA
- NEW MEDIA ARTS/FILM &IT
- VISUAL ART/KONST
- English/Foreign Language/Engelska
- Native Language/Swedish/Svenska
- Social Science/SO
- Thematic Work/Temaarbeten
- Visual Arts/Bild
The project Erasmus+ ID KA201-01226718 has been funded with support from the European Commission. This publication reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
- Skolans uppdrag; rapport från Statens Medieråd: Kultur+media=sant
- Forskare om lärstilar och olika sätt att lära.