The MultiLib library keeps growing! When the project ended in 2018 we had 24 beautifully illustrated e-books – 12 traditional and 12 modern stories from 12 cultural contexts and in 12 languages:
- Czech, Turkish, French, Greek, English, and Swedish (languages in partner countries)
- Armenian, Haitian, Kurdish, Russian, Syrian and Tibetan (languages spoken by immigrants in the partner countries)
Every book can be read in twelve different languages and you can listen to each book in the original language as well as in English.
Enjoy the beauty of the books in the library with all 156 books on the MultiLib Flip Book Platform!
Output 1 The MultiLib Library was in control of The Mosaic Art & Sound Ltd* but all six partners contributed with 4 books each and with the translation of each book in the library.
* The Mosaic Art Sound Ltd. a private company based in the UK. It develops projects in two directions: education/culture and the arts. In the social field, The Mosaic designs and delivers activities to enhance human relationships, both for adults and children, disadvantaged groups and ethnic minorities. In the area of education and culture, it is active in research and applications of music to enhance life at all levels and to integrate foreign language teaching. The Mosaic staff developed research projects and applied the outcomes within formal and non-formal educational settings, through training courses and events.
The artistic illustrations are too big for this website – each book contains 6 illustrations – but below are some examples of our work.
Turkish fairy tale Ahmet ve karinca
- Ahmet and the Ant. Modern – Turkish
- Ahmet and the Ant. Modern – English
- Ahmet och myran. Modern – Svenska
- Ahmet and the Ant WORDS:
- Little Stubby. Traditional, version 1
- Otesánek. Traditional, in Czech, no pictures
- Lillstubben. Klassisk, på svenska, inga bilder
Syrian fairy tale الراعي الكذاب
- The Lying Shepherd Traditional – Arabic
- The Lying Shepherd Traditional – English
- Den lögnaktige herden Traditionell – Svenska
- The Lying Shepherd WORDS:
- The Lying Shepherd STORY:
And finally an example of a modern fairy tale from Tibet, in Swedish: Choden
Read about the Swedish artist>>
These three movies show how the books were made in Sweden and how we worked with the library in a classroom with immigrant children.
This project MultiLib Erasmus+ ID 2015-1-SE01-KA201-02210 has been funded with support from the European Commission. This publication reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.